"The Publishers’ Forum" – Brussels, 6 December 2007
19 November 2007
Our annual golden opportunity to showcase our industry to key EU policy makers takes place in Brussels on 6 December.
The third Publishers’ Forum is jointly organised by the European Commission and Europe’s publishing groups as an opportunity for publishers to present the realities of their industry in order to inform good policy making at EU level.
This year’s focus will be on the digital development of publishing and the impact of the digital age on creative industries.
Commissioner Reding will open the event and, throughout the day, will hear presentations from leading industry figures including:
- Stéphanie Van Duin, Director Business Development, member of the Executive Committee, Hachette Books
- Ronald Schild, CEO, MVB (Marketing und Verlagsservice GmbH), Libreka!
- Jonas Modig, FEP President, member of the Board of Bonnier (Sweden)
- Arnaud de Saint-Simon, Chief Operating Officer, Psychologies magazine
- Mario Tascón, Director General of contents at PrisaCom (El Païs)
- Tomasz Jozefacki, Director of Internet Division (Agora)
- Francisco Pinto Balsemão, EPC President, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Impresa S.G.P.S
- Yahoo ad services: Jean-Christophe Conti, Vice-President, Yahoo! Search Marketing, Europe
- Pedro Norton, CEO and Publisher of Impresa Jornais
- Valdo Lehari Jr., ENPA President, Publisher and Editor in Chief,Reutlinger General Anzeiger
- David Hanger, FAEP President and former publisher of The Economist
- Richard Duggleby, Head of External Relations, Yell
- Nikolaus Futter, EADP President, Managing Director, Compass
Morning sessions will include presentations on "Connecting readers to content"; "Multiplatform evolution in the newsroom" and "Generating revenues in the digital age".
The afternoon session will be an open debate on the current legislative topics of self-regulation and VAT, both issues of vital importance to the future of publishing in Europe.
Attendance is free by prior registration. Please contact for more information or to register email@example.com.
Journalists are free to register by contacting Heidi Lambert:firstname.lastname@example.org.